Here's what Cici has to say about her friend Susan:
- first impression: she looks "really really well" compared to the last time Cici saw her (of course, that was when Susan was sleeping 20 hours/day)
- her coloring is good and she looks a wee bit less bloated (ascites improving?)
- Susan herself admitted to "maybe . . . feeling a little better"
- The two of them sat outside for a good bit and Susan had Cici weeding in the garden, throwing stuff out in the dumpster, and moving things around [editor's note: probably the same things she had Charley move the day before]
- Susan also spent a fair amount of time talking with Tom, their key construction/handyman guy, and Diane, their landscape architect, so she's clearly engaged with what's going on with the property
- breakfast was a waffle; lunch, a PB&J sandwich; then a late afternoon snack of a hostess cupcake laced with a broken up potassium horse pill; for dinner Cici is planning on a hamburger casserole with Velveeta (her mother's recipe -- sounds like an ultimate comfort food) . . . I must note, the Siegel men don't cook like that; thank God for microwaves
- Tonight they're planning on a Mad Men episode
This is all sounding good, but do bear in mind that part of what makes Cici such a delightful person is her cheery, optimistic view of the world, so some discounting of her impressions is probably prudent. Nonetheless, it's a positive picture, certainly for today. As always, let's see what tomorrow brings.