Monday, June 8, 2009

DAY +6 and nothing to report. We like it like that.

Top Line: Everything's OK, although Susan's feeling a wee bit worse, which is to be expected on Day +6.

The DFCI infusion-flush-injection visit was long but uneventful, as was the consult with Dr. Soiffer. Susan is approaching bottom in terms of her white count and as a result is feeling a bit worse than she had been, but not dramatically so. Nothing worrisome. No need for a platelet infusion at this point.

Bob mentioned that the view of Fenway from the roof terrace yesterday inspired them to watch the RedSox game on TV. The Sox lost which made Bob happy. Speaking of the roof, Susan went up there today to perambulate in the fresh air (masked and gloved, of course). It gives her a change of scenery, which is nice.

These posts are getting briefer, which is also nice. Tune in again tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Susan,

    Mention of the Pasta reminded me of us, as kids, out for a spaghetti dinner at the beach and us laughing unconrollably. You probably don't remember, but I do and hope we can reenact that someday soon. I still love spaghetti.

    Glad all is still on course. Love from all.

    I too do not know how to sign my name on a blog, so am anonymous again.

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susan, I'm following your recovery closely. Keep up the boring days. That's what we need. If you haven't checked your gmail account, you might like to... Love, Trave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan and Hi Trave,
    You've got a wide audience, Susan, lurking in the shadows and following these blog posts with baited breath.
    I'm so grateful for your progress and the daily postings. Thank you, Jerry and Bob. Go Red Sox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    Thinking of you daily and so glad to see you coming along in the process--pasta is good...have you tried my--I'm embarrassed to say--all time favorite: Twinkies?!
    Lots of love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan -
    I am so glad to hear you've moved on to Hostess cupcakes, and I hesitate to tell you that I made a little trip to Crumbs on Sunday and got their version of a Hostess cupcake - in YOUR honor, of course!! And it was the large size, so it'll take me a good 4 days to finish it!

    Bob - so glad that you aren't turning into a Red Sox fan while you're there...that would just be terrible. They are playing the Yankees tonight, so I trust I know who you'll be cheering for!

    Love to you both,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete