Sunday, June 7, 2009

DAY +5: Graduating to Pasta

Top Line: Same as yesterday and the day before and the day before that

When the news of the day is that Susan had pasta for dinner, instead of her usual PB & J sandwich, you know there's no news, which is good news. Let's not make more of this than it is though: when I pushed Susan about what it actually meant to have pasta for dinner, she admitted that it was Bob boiling water to cook spaghetti, and then heating up a jar of marinara sauce in the microwave to put over it. Elegant dining on Mass. Ave. She's afraid to let him try his hand at pizza again. Still, this is progress. By the way, in addition to bananas, Susan's also snacking now on Hostess cupcakes. Without milk, though, which misses the point.

By the way, a few posts ago I decribed the environs in which the Siegels find themselves. Susan reminded me of one landmark I missed. From the roof of the building, according to Bob, you get a nice view of Fenway Park, which is only a block or so away

Dana Farber was like yesterday -- infusion, flush, injection. What's new is that Susan's platelet count is still high enough not to require any additional platelets, which is considered good. Tomorrow will feature a double infusion, methatrexate in addition to vancomyicin, as well as a flush and a neupogen injection. Also, she'll be meeting with Dr. Soiffer tomorrow, so I expect there will be something to report from that.

Finally, it's another day of posting without a picture. We haven't featured a picture since last Wednesday. Bob doesn't send to me, I don't have anything to post for you. You want pictures, use your comments to shame Bob into snapping some more photos.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! I just wanted to say that I LOVE your house in Spencertown. I'm not surprised that you've done an amazing job with it (as one can especially tell looking at the "before" pictures), but it really is an inspiration as I get more into interior design myself. I'm sure you're looking forward to getting back to it.

    Anyway, we had a wonderful time. It was the perfect weekend for Rachel. Thanks so much to you and Bob for hosting us. Dinner at Blue Plate in Chatham was also great.

    Best,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan and Bob,
    Missed you in Spencertown this weekend. It was very very quiet. Harry and Michael are floating down the Grand Canyon, leaving Allan, Winnie and me to plant some annuals, watch the finals of the French Open and generally be rather dull.
    Sad to say, Michael and Anne have decided to take Winnie with them when they leave for Portland in late June. I am desolate and Claire is proposing a labradoodle replacement for my birthday. I am thinking about it. Will keep you posted...
    Glad you are eating and hope you are feeling better.
    Love Susan

    ReplyDelete