Vicodin, which made a big difference in pain level yesterday, has been much less effective today. Still, it is doing something, and we hope doing enough so Susan will be able to hold out until her DFCI appointment tomorrow at 10 AM. If, indeed, the pain is due to rapid engraftment, at some point that does resolve by itself, so most probably this situation just needs the time to run its course.
Also, Susan's throat has come up sore today, and that, combined with the pain, has prevented her from eating, or even drinking beyond minimal amounts. Again, it's something for the medical team to consider tomorrow, so we should know more after her DFCI visit.
As I write, Charley is en route to spend some time with his mother. Bob doesn't know how long he plans to stay. They'll play it by ear, pending clarification of Susan's situation. I'll also be back in Boston tomorrow night with my Charley in tow, but just for a quick stop-in, and will update you from there.