Saturday, May 30, 2009

Note from Callie





Charley, my mom, my dad and I are sitting here at the hospital in my mom's room (Nate was here all day too but just left). We had another visitor, Maria Krokidas, my mom's friend from college (in the pink) who, as a resident of the Boston area, has been incredibly supportive over the past eight years as my mom has traveled back and forth to Boston for appointments at Dana Farber.

So far, I am really impressed with the hospital itself which is an amazing and beautiful facility. Everything in my mom's transplant wing is run impeccably. Even more impressive is the gift store...probably the best hospital gift store i have ever seen. Seriously. We spotted a water gun that dispenses ketchup and mustard...which am definitely going back to buy tomorrow.

My mom is continuing to have chemo treatments and is feeling ok so far. It's a bit frustrating for her not to be able to go outside (or even outside her small little unit) since its such a beautiful day here in Boston. Nothing else too exciting to report...which is a good thing! My mom is loving getting to see the comments on the blog, so thank you all for writing (and for those of you who have emailed me directly as well).

That's all for now...

-Callie

5 comments:

  1. Hi Susan (and other Siegels!) -
    So glad to hear that things are going ok so far, and I hope you continue to feel alright. It's great for your family and friends to be able to keep up-to-date thanks to the blog, and I'm sure that reading all the posts and comments are a welcome distraction. Nice to see that Callie is able to shop at the hospital, and I look forward to the special ketchup-and-mustard-dispensing-water gun to be present at our next family gathering! But is that really an acceptable way to create a presentation of condiments?!?!

    Thinking of you every day - love you!!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear your mom is doing well, Callie. Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on everything. You are all in my thoughts!

    Hugs,
    Olivia

    PS- Cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Susan, Bob, Callie, and Charley:

    First, thanks so much to you and Jerry for setting up this blog so we can participate as family at this important time! Though we're sitting in Bangkok as we write this, it makes us feel very close to all of you.

    It's great to read about the excellent care you're getting, Susan, that bodes so well for a positive outcome. Nevertheless, we know it's an anxiety provoking time, but with the support you have from your immediate family (and from friends and the extended family abroad)I hope you're feeling the confidence and security that comes from that closeness and love.

    We'll continue to follow the news, and send you our love and positive energy along the way.

    Love,

    Carmen and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute picture. Callie, you would find some obscure shopping gadget to buy. Like Mother, like Daughter. Thinking of you daily.
    Love and hugs to all of you,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the upbeat posting, Callie. Not surprising that the best-shopper-on-earth has a daughter who could find the coolest item in the hospital gift shop. I loved hearing your thoughts and evaluation of the hospital, treatment and your mom's day.

    Sending love today--
    Jane

    ReplyDelete