Picture of Bob Siegel with unidentified masked woman claiming to be Myra Biblowit
"How has Susan's day gone?" You might ask. Well, let me tell you.
- Susan's PIC line checked out OK so she has started what will be her daily chemotherapy protocol through Sunday. Think of it as a liquid sandwich -- fludarabine on busulfan bread in a 3-stage infusion that is spread out over 24 hours, with breaks in between the stages
- Late this afternoon she was descended upon by a flock of dentists (5 to be exact, and we think it's bad when we have to see even one). The reason for the oral scrutiny is that the mouth is usually the first place to exhibit signs of Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD description under the "Risks" heading towards the bottom of the blog page)
- She has had a second line added (you've always known she's well-connected), a heplock line for IV fluids, primarily saline solution and nutrients, so she can multi-task her intake
- She has her first visitor, a masked woman claiming to be Myra Biblowit
- Her spirits are good (Susan's; don't know about the masked woman); she has been able to log on to the blog and deeply appreciates the supportive and caring sentiments you've all been offering